“As a man thinketh so is he in his heart“. You are what you think. If you can think it in your mind then you can be it.
There is power in what you think. Do not let other people’s opinions about you, bog you down.
We all have different opinions about people that is just the way it is.
Think positively about your self and your life. Speak positive things about yourself no matter what you are going through.
In order to build a healthy and positive thinking process; identify your negative thoughts and list them down. Then to each of them identify counter positive thoughts and write them down.
Then, every time you engage in negative thinking quickly substitute them with positive ones. Try this for 21 days and see if it does not become a habit.
I was recently declared redundant by my employers without being psychologically counselled. Of course like any other human being, I was demoralized and had no idea what to do next.
What has helped me over the fear of being unemployed is my positive attitude and thought pattern.
I now tell myself that this is an opportunity for me to do what has always been the desire of my heart since I have much more time to myself.
So far so good and I do not intend to look for a job, more that am now my own BOSS how fantastic.
“When you begin to think and grow rich you will observe that riches begin with a state of mind, with definiteness of purpose, with little or no hard work. Therefore, you ought to be interested in how to acquire that state of mind which will attract riches” ~ Excerpt from the book Think and Grow Rich.
I encourage you to download this life-changing book for free click on the link.
Watch Your Thoughts
“Watch your thoughts, they become words, watch your words, they become actions, watch your actions, they become habits, watch your habits, they become character, watch your character; it becomes your destiny” ~ rightly phrased by Frank Outlaw.
I have revisited the topic The Power of Thought perhaps it is one of the most important, in the quest for personal development.
I believe that you are what you are because of the thoughts you harbour.
Everything we do starts up in thoughts before being translated into words and actions.
Our thoughts are responsible for our actions. If we are to list down actions that are not thought invoked the list would be very short if any as opposed to thought invoked actions.
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
Thoughts and Behaviour
With the exception of automatic reactions or repetitive acts, behaviour tends to find its root in the preceding thoughts.
Everyone is in charge of their own thoughts. Everybody can harbour, reduce or reject their thoughts.
When you are governing your thoughts you are building up your own happiness.
In order to avoid adverse thinking, choose a lifestyle that is guided by universal principles and values such as honesty, justice, responsibility, truthfulness, integrity and respect for others.
Ultimately our thoughts dictate our behaviour. If you wake up thinking negatively even your attitude will be negative. If your thinking is positive even your attitude is positive.
“Nature your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think” ~ Benjamin Disraeli.
Positive thinking is an excellent option in order to preserve mental health and to reach your intended goals.
The mind has exactly the same power as the hands not merely to grasp the world but to change it.
Your thoughts can help change the world. Stop being negative in your thoughts, think positively.
How to Think Positively
“Our life is what our thoughts make it” ~ Marcus Aurelius. Healthy and optimistic thinking helps:-
– maintain a balance in social interactions
– increase general personal performance e.g. school & work
– helps to block anxiety
– increase self-esteem
– strengthens the immune system
– creates a good mood
- Learn how to think positively – I have devised a method to help think positively. I hope you find it helpful and beneficial. To reject negative thoughts and replace them with alternative positive options is a good way to a positive thinking lifestyle. Remember positive thinking must be an ongoing permanent style of mental activity.
- Think positively about your self – Accept your limitations and do something to improve them. Do not forget to underline your values and abilities. Stop and reject negative thoughts about yourself.
- Think positively about the past – it cannot be changed. The maxim “yesterday is history” holds water in this case. Accept the past even though it may have unpleasant events. Do not blame the past for your current situation. And as far as past positive events, remember them and enjoy them. Never get obsessed with a disagreeable passed. Your attitude will improve and turn positive.
- Think positively about your future – Your attitude today has a direct effect and bearing on your future events. When you think with confidence and hope about tomorrow, you are increasing the probability of a much successful future.
- Think positively about people – We are all not perfect, but there are lots of good things about each one of us. Do not grow suspicious of other people. Trust them and respect them. Make efforts to show affection towards other people. Try and understand their problems. Help them if you can and you will see how your attitude becomes better.
The topic “power of thought” is a much deep one. I believe that it is one of the core subjects to improving your personal development and needs a lot of study and understanding.
The above article is just but a scratch on this very important and cardinal subject.
Thinking positive is the best start to improving your personal development skills.
Stay focused and remember in whatever you do make sure you “standout tall and be counted”. Revised on 14/04/2021.